Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Baby homaloptera...Week 3

Posted By: jim powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Sunday, 25 June 2000, at 4:47 p.m.

I thought I would give an update on my baby homaloptera zollengeri for those interested. It's been three weeks since I first observed the young. At first, I just noticed six, then nine and now 13. I guess it's like someone said when they first hatched that if you see one, there are probably many more. Fortunately, they are now too big for anyone to eat, but an attack by one of the larger fish would still probably kill them.For the most part though, the other fish don't pay much attention to them. Occasionally, one of the Pseudogastromyzon cheni, will chase them off a favorite rock like they do their parents, but no harm is done. The largest are about .5 inches (up from .4 inche