Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

More Spawining!!!

Posted By: jim powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Wednesday, 28 June 2000, at 8:26 p.m.

Today I was off work, trying to take care of some business. I had noticed my female Homaloptera zollengeri getting plump again lately. Today she began behaving erratically, dashing around the tank, just as she has done prior to the last two times she spawned. I kept my eyes on her all morning, thinking she would probably lay her eggs later, at night, as she has done before. I left for some errands (ironically, one errand was to buy a replacement air pump) When I returned the female was noticably thinner. Apparently, I missed the big event. Since I got back, I have noticed she seems to be attempting to smooth out the gravel in an area near the first spawning site. I must have just missed it. I was very surprised to have these fish spawn once, let alone three times. I wish I knew what triggered this, and if this will continue. Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread