Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Just got 2 Kuhlis & have a few ?s

Posted By: Eric Ryan <mulryan@freewwweb.com>
Date: Saturday, 1 July 2000, at 2:52 p.m.

Hi,

I'm new to this board and the world of loaches, but reading over this site over the past few days led to my going to my LFS to pick up 2 Kuhli loaches for my 10 gallon SE Asian tank. I have one paradise fish (so far very peaceful) and 6 white clouds along with the loaches. I was a little worried the paradise fish would think the loaches were some tasty looking worms, but he checked them out and must have decides they were tankmates and not a treat! My questions...

1) I feed my fish a good flake food and once or twice per week supplement with freeze dried tubiflex worms. Do I need anything else for the loaches?

2) Since my white clouds & paradise prefer cooler temps, I keep the tank between about 73-80 (which I read on this site i