Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

New Botias

Posted By: Kimberly Wilson <k9crazy@ulster.net>
Date: Monday, 3 July 2000, at 2:53 p.m.

I just purchased 2 botias. They are identical except one is Blue and the other is red, a deep dark red. They are about 6". Through loaches-on-line I identified the one as a blue botia, though I haven't found what the other is. It fits the blue botia description though it is red. Believe it or not I found them at our local Walmart. I don't usually buy my fish there but the price was unbeatable. $1.67 for both. Oops, I think someone made a mistake. They are gorgeous.

They have totally excavated my tank. I have had a Botia before that did not do that though I had to fish him out of my filter daily. That was until I found out he could get in it by swimming upstream and also get himself out of it. The 2 new ones have not tried that yet, they wouldn't fit! My first Botia was about 3", I lost him to a tank problem some time back. I have a new tank set up with 3 Clowns that are growing quickly and many baby Mollies and Guppies. When I introduced the Botias the took over the Clown spot in the tank. I went right out and bought more rock to make a new place for my Clowns.

I am fairly new to the world of loaches. I have had weather loaches before and love them. My second tank has one Weather and one Kuli loach. They don't pal around like my old Weathers did. Though I have noticed they have been together more lately. They are wonderful fun fish to have. I would appreciate all insight and advice on my loaches.

I am off to dig up some earthworms for lunch now.

Kim

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.