Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

They are so funny

Posted By: Kimberly Wilson <k9crazy@ulster.net>
Date: Thursday, 6 July 2000, at 7:02 a.m.

OK OK, I know another newbie. I can see you all shaking your heads and smirking. I have been a veteren on a few dog training lists before. I will admit it, but just between you and me(thanks Miss Chung). I am an ADDICT. I have had different fish over the past 2 years, but I have not had as much enjoyment as I do from my loaches.

I fed the kids(fish) this morning. Prior to that I always sit and watch them for a few minutes. My red Modesta is suddenly not as shy as he was. He is feverishly swimming around the divider, leaping out of the water-thank goddess for hoods, he then comes to the front of the tank and looks right at me. Really! Then off like a 2 year old into a temper tantrum!!!! Along the front glass he begins to 'roll' around in the gravel. Shovelling his way through up-rooting my plants and moving rocks. Then back to the divider for another run at it. Then back to the glass 'glaring' at me this time. He wants those babies. I am sure that this is merely coincidence and it just looks like he has the utmost contempt for me. While the blue Modesta is just as cute as can be, peeking out from under a rock bridge. It is almost like having a good fish and an evil fish.

Have there been any cases of Modesta revenge, other than redecorating the tank?

Kimberly

Messages In This Thread