Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Carnivorous YOYO

Posted By: Loay Abdelkarim <laakarim@megsinet.net>
Date: Wednesday, 12 July 2000, at 1:14 p.m.

Yep it was one YOYO that was eating my danio. I tore down my 10 gallon and moved 2 YOYOs and 2 Botia Rostrata to my 20 gallon where 3 clowns and a 2 cories and a common catfish live. I moved the B. Rotrata first. I found the YOYO's had been fighting so hard that one was missing an eye. No sign of the missing 2 danios. All the Yoyos and B. Rostrata where bruised and battered with tattered fins etc. I am returning the YOYOs to the 10 gallon this week end. One was actually floating in shock. Upside down and like a stick in current. Totally lifeless. I thought it was dead and was about to dispose of it next morning. The next day it was fine. When I moved the YOYOs to the 20 gallon in the Rostrata, who had been sunning themselves and recovering nicely, disappeared into the decorations. This is the second