Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Agressive gold nugget pleco!

Posted By: Sebastian Schneider
Date: Thursday, 13 July 2000, at 3:56 p.m.

Until recently my Gold nugget pleco has always been very shy. I have had this guy for about 1 year now and for the past month its seems to have gotten a ton of courage even though it probably hasnít grown more than 1/4 of an inch. It seems to like to pick on my royal pleco which is about 3.5 inches (1/2 an inch larger than the gold nugget). It chases the royal pleco all around the tank if it gets close to it. Its fun to watch though and I guess it shows good health. I am just wondering if anyone has seen this type of activity before. Just in case any one is wondering my water conditions has not changed by much since I got the gold nugget pleco. My tank has a low pH of 6.5, medium-hard water, temp about 80F.

Messages In This Thread