Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: I'm taking a vote

Posted By: Fran <WeSpy6466@aol.com>
Date: Saturday, 22 July 2000, at 2:30 a.m.

Well, Danio Man,

Disease was a major concern for me too. However when I purchased my clowns I did not have a quarantine tank available. Well, I actually did have a tank, but I already had two tanks up and it would've been divorce court if I set up a third even temporarily. :-)

So, I took the chance and dumped my three clowns right into an established tank, and said my prayers. From the recommendations of some posters here, I raised the temp. in the tank and added salt for a week or two as a preventative, and with luck, my clowns did not come down with any ich or disease in the first couple months. Since you've had yours for a week and they're doing well, then I'd throw them right into your 55. And, go