Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Living Together

Posted By: Jonathan Bradley <jbee@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wednesday, 26 July 2000, at 2:03 a.m.

Hi I would like to share my story of "living together" with all of you here who can truley understand and appreciate this situation. I have three clown loaches, one Electric Blue African chilid and a pair of breeding Red Devils all living in a 60gal. tank. The Loaches and the Blue all live together in a castel which has several oppenings and a nice dark center section in which to hide from the ever chasing Reds especialy when there eggs are being layed and guarded, and as most of you no the Reds are excellent parents. When the Reds are not breeding the tank environment becomes relaxed. The Devels still chase them but not to the point of forcing some kind of curfue on them. You see they all no each other they were young together the Devels just out grew the loaches. The loaches the old