Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

My clowns have new friends!

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Saturday, 29 July 2000, at 12:21 p.m.

Hi all!

Went to the LFS today and picked out three Harald Schultz corys! They're about an inch and a half long but bulky enough that each one undoubtedly outweighs my smallest clown. Brought them home to find the clowns tucked in for the night. I acclimated them in the bag, then gave them a few minutes to get their bearings in the tank before summoning the clowns with a sprinkling of flake food.

What a match! Neither group was remotely frightened of the other, even at first "Hey! Who are you??!" The corys quickly spread out from their corner to investigate the tank once the clowns were out, and the clowns seemed much more relaxed with the company. I think the corys are the additional dither fish my tank needed. And what a cool sight, to see cory and clown, side-by-side, both with heads a burrowin' and tails a waggin' in search of that elusive Perfect Shrimp Pellet!

Now as the clowns are beded down and the corys are starting to huddle together as well I can't help but think I should have done this a long time ago. These guys are going to get on just great!

Tibor.

Messages In This Thread