Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

modesta + macracantha = ?

Posted By: Maureen <maureen@kramerdog.com>
Date: Tuesday, 1 August 2000, at 11:51 a.m.

Hi all, I just found this great site! I have one B. modesta (I'm a little confused since Baensch ID's my loach as B. rubripinnis) but anyway it's a blue loach with red fins. Here's the story: I have a summer job at my LFS and Roscoe (my loach) had been there for months. He was the last of a group they had, and they couldn't sell him because he hid all the time. In fact, I worked there a month without ever seeing him. So, the manager offered him to me, and I took him home, figuring I would never see him. After a quarantine in my 10 gallon, when indeed I could only glimpse his snout from inside his cave, I put him in my new (but cycled) 55 gallon plant tank last night. He is very happy in there with some SAE's, otos, and 2 congo tetras. He's been swimming around and highly visible. OK, so here are my questions: will he be ok by himself, or should I get more B. modestas to go with him? Will he eat my plants or uproot them as this site suggests?? Will he get along with clown loaches??? I have my heart set on getting some. So far he's been a perfect gentleman. I have only a bunch of conflicting info on him: Baensch says he won't tolerate other species of anything, my manager said he won't bother anything, etc. Please give me some advice! Thanks a lot. You can look at my plant tank if you want, but no pics of him yet.

My 55 Gallon Plant tank

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.