Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: modesta + macracantha = ?

Posted By: christin <christin_brandon@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 2 August 2000, at 12:10 a.m.

In Response To: modesta + macracantha = ? (Maureen)

I've never put a clown in with a modesta, but I have a modesta, striata and three hillstream loaches all in one tank and they all get alone fine. My modesta however is very shy and only comes out at night.

I think that you'll be fine adding some clowns with your modesta as long as they are about the same size and you add at least two more loaches. IME I have found that botias are fine singley or in groups of three or more. If you only have two, they tend to fight for dominance.

One thing to watch out for though is that modestas are great jumpers. One time my modesta jumped out of the back of the tank by the filter. Luckily, it survived, but make sure that there are no openings he can get out of.

Messages In This Thread