Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: modesta - SWEET ?

Posted By: Maureen <maureen@kramerdog.com>
Date: Wednesday, 2 August 2000, at 5:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: modesta - SWEET ? (Iris)

Well, I think he's sweet. He never chases anyone. He and his tank-mates from my 10 gallon QT stuck together when I put them in the 55 gallon 2 days ago: a huge SAE, a female Congo tetra, and Roscoe were all swimming around in a line together, checking out the new tank. Now, Roscoe has settled a little. At first he was wiggling and waggling everywhere (you know that awkward swimming motion) up and down looking at everything and trying out every hiding place. Now he spent a lot of today half-hiding behind a piece of driftwood. Only his yellow eye and little snoot were visible. He seems to watch me closely, whatever I am doing.

I am not sure what he is eating, since he hasn't started to come out for food while I watch yet. I feed sinking pellets (veggie and shrimp) and frozen food (variety pack and mysis), and make sure to drop some over by him, but he hasn't settled in enough to eat in front of me yet. I'll get a picture of him on my web page tomorrow (well, today...) He's about 3 inches long, I guess.

-Maureen

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.