Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

native African loach anyone?

Posted By: Brodie <cerberus@austin.rr.com>
Date: Saturday, 5 August 2000, at 11:37 a.m.

Hey all,

I am deep in the process of setting up a biotope of Lake Malawi cichlids, and I want to keep the flora and fauna as close to accurate as possible. Yeah I know you're probably saying "then where does the loach come in?" Well, I have another tank with a pair of Kuhli's in it...and those guys are priceless both as entertainment and industrious "vacuums" for the bottom of the tank. I have been told and there is mention on several sites about one native species of loach/botia in Africa...yet no one says what it is. I realize it probably doesn't live in a rift lake...but if I could at least keep the fish from the same continent that would be nice. Does anyone know what loach this is, and/or where I could find info on it? Thanks all you loach lov