Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loasches

Posted By: Eric <ericinvt@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 6 August 2000, at 12:12 a.m.

I need your advice. :-) I added 2 clown loaches to my 55g tank this week. The first night they fid in the corners, etc. But the next day I noticed one was missing. I found it inside a piece of plastic driftwood- wedged in nose first. I actually discovered it by watching the other one; he would swim in and out of the driftwood then up and down the front of the tank. I had to break it apart to get him out. Both of them looked fine but by the next day they were both missing again. I figured they were both in the driftwood again so I broke it apart to find them..... They had actaully taken up residency in a large plastic lava looking rock. After getting them out I blocked all the openings so they wouldn't go back in.... but they have outsmarted me. They found some other way in and I haven't seen them since. I removed the blocka