Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

New babies!!!

Posted By: jim powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Monday, 7 August 2000, at 6:02 p.m.

Now that my homaloptera zollengeri quit spawning after four times between May 17 and July 12, I thought my nursery days were over. My psuedogastromyzon cheni spawned on July 10, but no babies were ever seen...until the other day. Friday, while cleaning the gravel, I noticed a very small fish, about half the size of the homaloptera babies when they emerged, swimming against the current in the gravel vacume!!! The fish, about the size of a planeria worm but thicker and darker, was trying to keep from going up the tube. I immediately plugged the hose and the fish swam down and hid in the cobbles. Since then, I have searched the tank to no avail.I thought that was the only survivor. Today, however, I was cleaning th