Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

2 questions about loaches

Posted By: C Gray <nalasnow@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 8 August 2000, at 9:59 p.m.

I have 3 clown loaches and have had them for 2 years now. I would like to know two things. One is that sometimes my fish look very dull in color, almost like they are covered in powder. Most of the time they are very bright and colorful but at certain times they change to this "powdery" color. Can you tell me why? Also, everything I read about clown loaches says that they love to play follow the leader around the tank and prosper in groups. However, my loaches are a little bit different. Now I know that the loaches like to "hide" from time to time under rocks or aquarium ornaments, but one of loaches stays hidden all the time. It comes out to eat and then goes right back to his hiding place. Another I have never hides. It stays in plain view all the time for people to just