Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Tired of Dying Fish

Posted By: Vincent
Date: Thursday, 10 August 2000, at 5:43 p.m.

Hey everyone- I just bought a clown and 5 tiger barbs to add to my tank of four clowns. Of course, I made the mistake of going to Superpetz. My new clown is now dying (of a swim bladder infection). It was eating sporadically, but I assumed it was just getting used to its new surroundings (I got it last Friday). But today I found it lying in one of the caves on its side, and when disturbed, it swims in upside-down circles. I've lost several livebearers from Superpetz like this in the past, and swore then I would never go back, but... I know everyone always talks about going to the small, private, local pet shop, but all of the ones left around here (a lot went out of business) have dwindling supplies of fish, and no loaches. I usually go to Petco, but their record isn't much better, as to get the clowns I've had since January, I lost 2 or 3 to ich within two weeks. I don't know where to go anymore.