Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

weather loach & white spot treatments

Posted By: planet <ukplanet@genie.co.uk>
Date: Saturday, 12 August 2000, at 6:15 p.m.

Upon doing my usual morning check on my tanks (I have three!) I noticed to my horror that all the fish in my coldwater tank are infected with whitespot, apart from the weather loach. - The infection could either have come from him or the plant I purchased along with him from my LFS on Monday. I have started to carry out treatment with Protozin and am hoping this will work. Would it be advisable to put a small thermostat into the tank and up the temprature to speed up the life cycle of the Ich or be patient and just take my time with the Protozin treatment? Would the increase in temprature affect the weather loach at all. I'm being cautious with this as I don't want to over do things with the treatments etc just in case it affects the we