Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

ANTISOCIAL CLOWN LOACH!!!!

Posted By: Suzanne & Mark <loachfreaks@earthlink.net>
Date: Friday, 18 August 2000, at 12:56 a.m.

Hey everyone,

About three weeks ago we came across the most unusual looking clown loach. He has a blunt head with eyes set farther foreward than the rest of my loaches plus the tail is curved inward and pointed at the tips (very different than the rest of my loachies). We also heard he was a trade in from a broken down tank...and he was a loner in this tank for quite some time :(.

We decided to take him home and give him some friends. Our loaches are very social and stick in a tight school but...Mr. newbie doesn't hang out with them!!!in fact he spends more time by our heater or under the driftwood with my largest spiny eel. I have never seen such behavior from a clown!!! Some time we won't see him for days!! We thought it was because he looked so differ