Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Any hope for my horseface loaches?

Posted By: Loaching <satter38@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 17 August 2000, at 5:10 p.m.

Hi all!

My 20-gal cold water tank leaked as a result of a freak accident with my filter. When I noticed it, the tank had maybe two inches of water left in it. I scooped out the weather loaches, gastromyazons (sp?), and white clouds and put them in the next coolest tank I have. Unfortunately, the horseface loaches disappeared into the bottom strata. I tried sifting for them with my hand and got them out a time or two, but just couldn't catch them. With the filter turned off, I added two gallons of water and stress coat. We will slowly bring the cold tank up to speed adding the fish back in slowly. I think we can avoid the whole recycling thing by leaving the gravel undisturbed and not cleaning the filter anytime soon. Meanwhile, what are the chances for the horsefaces? They have doubled in size since we