Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

How long does Ich Tx usually take?

Posted By: Maureen <maureen@kramerdog.com>
Date: Sunday, 20 August 2000, at 9:37 p.m.

Subject pretty much says it all. I noticed a couple of spots on Large's tail and started treating. I'm using full strength Regular Ich Guard and have upped the temp from 80 to 84. I am treating the main tank, not in a hospital tank. The spots haven't gone (or there are new spots--looks the same) but all fish have a fine attitude and I think Large is the only one affected. I've followed the directions and so far treated 4 days in a row. At work, I usually only have to do one treatment before all the signs are gone. I just figured with the high temp and only one fish having a mild case it would be gone by now. Ich Guard is salt and victoria green (probably similar to malachite green), btw.

Thanks! -Maureen