Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: OK, I did it, I bought a clown loach

Posted By: Fran <NJoyTropicalFish@aol.com>
Date: Saturday, 26 August 2000, at 7:02 p.m.

In Response To: OK, I did it, I bought a clown loach (Wannabe)

Hello there, Wannabe.

How big is your tank? Can your tank support three? They do best in groups. They are schooling you know. Plus, with three in there, they're more likely to be more active and visible in the tank. Plus they will entertain you for hours. In the wild, they can grow to 12 inches. However in the confinements of a tank they'll probably top off at 6-8 inches depending on tank size over a long period of time. They tell me they'll grow pretty quickly to 3-4 inches, and then slow down from then. The bigger the tank, the faster the growth. You'll find that even if purchased at same time, same size, one will outgrow the others. I'm sure they'll eat anything available in the tank, Wannabe. However, some clowns don't always eat snails. You never know. :-)

Fran

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.