Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Should you do water changes while you are first cycling your tank? If so, how much and how often?

Posted By: Leroy <LeroyC333@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 28 August 2000, at 9:28 p.m.

Hi all. I have another question for you guys. When you first cycle your tank, should you change the water while the tank is in the process of cycling, or should you just leave the water alone for as long as possible until after you have tested the water and judged the cycle to be complete and THEN finally make water changes? If you are supposed to change water while the tank is cycling, then how much water are you supposed to change and how often are you supposed to change it? Like I said before in my earlier posts, I am starting up a new 38-gallon tank, with my 2 Corys in it and my 1 Neon that I will use for cycling the tank, and I still have a few questions about cycling that I am unsure about. Any help that you could give to this newbie, (and still learning), aquarist would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |