Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Which is the better filter, the new Fluval '04 filters, or the Eheim Professional Series filters???

Posted By: Leroy <LeroyC333@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 29 August 2000, at 7:34 a.m.

Hello everyone. Have I got a question for you! I was just looking through a Pet Warehouse catalog the other day, and I was looking through the filter section of the catalog. I am going to buy a new filter for my new 38-gallon tank and I was trying to decide which kind of filter to buy. I decided that a canister filter would be best for my purposes and I narrowed it down to two choices, but I cannot decide which one to get, as they both seem pretty good. The two choices that I narrowed it down to are the Fluval '04 series of canister filters and the Eheim Professional Series of canister filters. Both seem to be excellent filters, but in the Pet Warehouse catalog that I was looking through, the Eheim Professional Series filter that I am thinking of buying runs about $54 dollars more than the Fluval '04 model that I am thinking of buying. But I am willing to pay the extra $54 dollars for the Eheim Professional filter, IF it is the better filter and IF it provides better filtration for my tank. So, if it were left to you and it were up to you to decide, which one would YOU get, and which do you guys think is the better filter? Which one would YOU get for your tank? Come on now, don't be shy, I am looking for EVERYONE'S opinion here. Have any of you had personal experience with any of these models of filters? Have your experiences been positive or negative? Which do you think is the better filter? I am looking for everyone's opinion, and would appreciate it if anyone who knows anything about these filters or has had experience with any of them contributes their opinion of them and shares their experiences with them. I hope that those of you who know about these filters are willing to share your insight and experiences with them, as Hagen, (the makers of the Fluval line of filters), and Eheim, are two of the largest filter companies out there, and this debate might truly illuminate the question of who makes the better filter and which company makes the better products, and I'm sure that that would be useful to many other people besides just me in helping to decide which company's products to buy. Well, here's hoping that all of you guys are willing to put your two cents in and share with the reat of us all of your opinions and experiences with these filters. And to those of you who do contribute, thanks for all of your help.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.