Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

what's wrong with my clown?

Posted By: laura <farabo@sirius.com>
Date: Tuesday, 29 August 2000, at 8:58 p.m.

I have a pair of clown loaches in a well established, clean and peaceful 40 gallon community tank. ordinarily there are very few problems.

The loaches are devoted to each other and periodically engage in what seems to be coutrship and breeding behavior -- apparently egg-laying and ferilizing inside their bamboo; the other fish in the tank (cory, rainbow, platy, mollie, scat, pleco, barb) are enthralled. We all wait, but no clown babies yet.

The clown whom I think is the male, has developed something on his forehead. An uneven whitish patch. I thought it might be hole in the head. I can't get close enough to really see, I would have to catch him which I've been avoiding. There may be a white spot on the base of his dorsal fin. Does ich ever appear primarily on the head?

His app