Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

fish tanks in the backyard

Posted By: laura <farabo@sirius.com>
Date: Monday, 4 September 2000, at 5:31 p.m.

I have 3 tanks -- 2 are standard glass 25 gallon tanks each with a 30" h wood stand. They are both on my backporch. Most of the year I keep the backdoor open and the fish are a part of my regular everyday life. Each tank has a magnum pro filter. One tank is tropical and the other cold, but I keep a heater in the cold tank set lo. No electric lights!! I have screen lids for both of these tanks which I take off during the day and put on at night.

The tropical tank is home to a thriving paradise fish family. Mama, Papa and their seven babies who are now 1 yr old. This is the second brood we've raised to young adulthood. The first brood I gave away to a very good fish store here in San Francisco but I felt terrible about it, just miserable. Never again. So, this bunch have made themselves very much at home .... but if any good