Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Striatas in QT

Posted By: Maureen <maureen@kramerdog.com>
Date: Sunday, 10 September 2000, at 10:28 a.m.

Hey all,

I just got 3 botia striata (about 1.5" long) yesterday. We were looking for some Congo tetras since the QT tank is empty, but found the striatas instead. I snatched them up since I've never seen striatas in person, and they are supposedly sweet and will get along with my clowns (anyone have different experience??). The store also has some 1" yoyos, which I really wanted too but I've heard they can be aggressive. Does anyone think that one yoyo would get along with 5 clowns and 3 striatas? In a 55 gallon?? I'm really getting to my fish limit if I haven't already... :) It's funny that Suzanne and Mark recently posted about picking up yoyos and striatas in Florida because there are never any around here, and I wander into the fish store and there they are. It's sad that they don't reserve loa