Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Angels and clowns

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Sunday, 10 September 2000, at 1:03 p.m.

Hi all,

Anyone here have a tank with both Angels and Clowns in it? I know Brett did or does, but he had bad news so no more from him, thank you. (just kidding) I'm thinking about four or so in a 55-gallon with four or more clowns, three corys, a bristlenose and three striata. The clowns are mandatory and must be in that tank, the others can stay in the 20. I'm cheifly concerned about the angels when/if they start to spawn, as I'm afraid it'll either result in clown or angel mortalities. If I do this, the previously planned malawi cichlids will not be in there, and the water will be maintained at 6.5 or 7 pH and 78F tempwise. My clowns are between 2 and 3 inches long, and the angels will probably reach their 6-inch max size before more or larger tanks become available.

Some ideas I have for combating tank violence are a partition when spawning if I catch 'em doing it in time and plenty o' hiding space for the clowns on the opposite end of the tank (and a few small caves for the corys and striatas). I'm concerned that the angels will attack a clown or clowns, or that the clowns will retaliate like they did with my kenyii (and with Brett's angels).

Thanks y'all!

Tibor.

Messages In This Thread