Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

2 years.........

Posted By: Mike Ophir <ophir@wn.net>
Date: Sunday, 10 September 2000, at 4:08 p.m.

Hi all.

When I first came to this forum 2 years ago, I knew almost nothing on any Loach species. I only knew about Khuli Loaches and Skunk Loaches. I visited the ofrum almost everyday to absorb knowledge from other people that were here before me.

At first, I was really afraid to post something stupid or ask a question, but over time I learned that it was OK to ask questions and exchange information with other Loach heads like me. Martin came to the forum a few weeks later, and provided a lot of interesting information and questions.

Later on came knowledgeable people like: BB, Joe Loach, JD, Alistar, BB Wilcox, Steve Burton, Anne Webel, Ken Childs, Dr. Momfish and many others such as Dave Guest and Kamphol.

I just wanted to say thank you to these people, and hope others will not be offended that I forgot their names un-intentionally. They really provided and still do provide valuable information that I always remember.

Without these people that are willing to share their vast knowledge of fish/Loach keeping with other people be it beginners, intermidiate or experienced, I wouldn't half the info I know today.

There is always something to learn about Loaches and other fish, that is new and interesting.

It is my hope that this forum "Loaches Online" will continue to be a part of the internet, as it provides a great source of info to other Loach enthusiasts.

I will as always be around this forum, as I like it a great deal.

People who like Loaches out there, post something!! Don't be afraid of anythiing or anyone.

We are all like one big community of friendly people.

Probably the person who deserves the most credit to the website is the man behind the scenes, and does most of the dirty work.... Jeff Shafer.

Without this person, this website, "Loaches Online" wouldn't be around today.

I plan to be around this web site for as long as the site is around for!

Comments welcome

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.