Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Advice for 100g

Posted By: fcamdog <camarenaf@3mawyuma.usmc.mil>
Date: Tuesday, 12 September 2000, at 3:25 p.m.

The LFS is opening a new, bigger store and selling a few 100g aquariums. I am about to buy one and was wondering what everyone's opinion was on how I should filter it and set it up for my clown loaches. It looks like there will be 7 of the little beasts ranging from 5" all the way down to a new 2" fresh from the store.

I was thinking of running an UGF with powerheads pushing the water 5-6 times a hour and also a Fluval 304. I like the idea of the fluval since I can use whatever media I want in the trays. I was thinking peat moss to soften the water. I have some real nice driftwood I have been wanting to use and plan on making structure for the tank wih that. What about plants? What would be a good couple for the tank?

As for tank mates I was given the idea of discus from tibor, but might also just get a couple pearl danios since they are from the same waters as a clown loach. Any suggestions there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.