Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

There be 55 gallons of water here!!

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Saturday, 16 September 2000, at 7:16 p.m.

Yippee!!!!! I have my clown's new tank here now! Okay, so I wasn't supposed to buy it so soon, and it ended up (the whole ensamble) costing me $100 extra truly mutilating my budget, but I'm a darned happy camper nonetheless!

Remember I once said that I used unfinished but pre-assembled kitchen cabinets for my tank stand? I have one under my 20-gallon. Well, I went there (Home Depot) with my friend to buy a larger one for the 55 and simply couldn't find one that was strong enough. :-( So instead of saving a hundred bucks, I went to Petsmart and bought their cheapest one, which looks pretty cool now that it's home! It was twice what I was planning to spend, so I shouldn't have then gone to another one on the way home and picked up the tank too, but.... well... I couldn't resist!

Anyways, it's done now, and I'm thrilled! Looks GREAT in my living room, and I already have my female swordtail and my male betta in there cycling it with a couple plastic plants. Funny thing, they (the plastic plants) were taking up half my 20-gallon when I had them in there before the amazon swords; now they're tiny in the 55 and it still looks empty. Wow!

So Danio Man (if you're still out there), you're not alone fretting about your floor anymore! Oh, and the reason why this is in a loach forum is because once it's cycled, my 4 clowns will be moving in. Can't wait!!

Tibor.

Messages In This Thread