Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

copper in rocks?

Posted By: fcamdog <camarenaf@3mawyuma.usmc.mil>
Date: Thursday, 21 September 2000, at 4:19 p.m.

I lost one of my clown loaches today. I had him for a year and he was a robust 5" until his death. From my investigating I am pretty sure that 2 of the big rocks in my tank had some copper in them, and thus poisoned my fish. The thing that bothers me the most is that I have had these same two rocks for over 6 months in my tank before anything happened, at all. I noticed that my two 5" clowns were hiding, not eating and their color wasn't too good. After about 3 days and treating the tank with clout one was dead this morning. Only then did I notice some blue/greenish coloring on one rock. When I looked more the whole underside was colored like that and one other rock was as well. The worst of the two I have had in my aquarium for over 1 year. Can anyone help explain this? Why would t