Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Golden Dojo/Weather Loaches

Posted By: Kit <kitikhun@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 25 September 2000, at 4:31 a.m.

Yay!! I finally have weather loaches after 2 months of searching!!

Living in Massachusetts where it's illegal to sell weather loaches, I had to drive 2.5 hours to Nashua, NH (I kept getting lost) to buy weather loaches this past Friday. ;oP The 2 I got are about 4" long.. they make my kuhlis look like little worms.. and they were the smallest ones in the store.

The upper part of their bodies is olive green with brown spots. The lower part is gold and shinny. One is kinda pinkish, too. Do regular weather loaches look like this? (I know there are a few species) So what color do golden weather loaches have? Is it bright yellow with red eyes or olive and gold like mine? Some internet sites say gold weather loaches are the ones that are albino, but mine look more gold than those albino ones.. so I'm confused. Maybe I'll post a picture of my weather loaches so you people can see if yours look like mine :)

Does anyone know any place in New England, NY, or online where I can get albino ones?

Currently, they share a 4-foot, 33-gallon tank with a dozen of black and regular kuhlis, a hill stream loach, a school of pygmy catfish, neon tetras, ghost shrimp, a baby albino bristlenose pleco (I'm getting 3 more this week), and 4 red platys. Do you think this will be too small for 4 weather loaches? I hope they don't get to be 12" long... or I would have to sell them to a Korean or a Chinese restaurant for weather loach soup! Just kidding!!!

Thanx :) KIT

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.