Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

DESPERATION!! HELP!!!

Posted By: AD <andydandy@arias.net>
Date: Tuesday, 26 September 2000, at 2:22 a.m.

Okay, I really need some help here quick! My clown Loach has become ill. Here are some background info. He is approx. 2 inches long, ive had him about a 8 months, he lives in a 15 gallon tank with 3 skirted tetra. He has always been very active and social and a healthy eater. I dont know what it is, but starting 2 days ago I noticed that instead of sleeping on his side in his little cave, he decided to sleep on his side on top of the tank, I figured he was being wierd because he still ate and swam around when i woke him. but yesterday and today he was still on top of the tank and seems to have a hard time swimming around freely on the bottom of the tank as usual. Its like he cant get to the bottom and i see him struggling. No sign of ich, and hes still eating flakes, but cant search for the shrimp pellets that sink. Could this be swim bladder problem? OR JUST WHAT COULD BE WRONG? I love him so much. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please e mail or respond soon, I wil be checking back soon! thanks AD

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.