Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Mystery loaches...

Posted By: Steve newB <steve-b@eatmyshorts.co.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 27 September 2000, at 10:35 a.m.

OK, here is the deal...

I was in the LFS when i spotted a tank that was badged as having khuli loaches in it. Since i had recently had a death of my striped khuli (natural causes:(, i thought i would buy a replacement.

When the guy fished them out of the tank, they looked nothing like my black or striped khuli. These fish are alot thinner and longer. The skin is almost a shiny silver with lots of tiny black spots. The underside of them is just the shiny silver with no spots. on the underside of the jaw, like between the gills, the fish have a red colour to them, i guess this is normal cause they both have the same markings.

I have sat and waited for hours beside the tank, waiting to get a photo, but these guys are soooo reclusive. They pop out for a lightning attack on any foo