Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

desperarion update

Posted By: AD <andydandy@arias.net>
Date: Wednesday, 27 September 2000, at 5:24 p.m.

Well, I have sort of isolated my clown loach by netting him in the top corner of the tank that hes been floating at. Ive thrown in some shrimp pellets in the net. He struggles to get at them. Hell pick one up in his mouth but then he drops it to the bottom of the net and again he struggles to find it again by trying to flip himself right side up, but then loses his equilibrium and once again settles to the top of the tank upside down. He is pretty much motionless untill I feed him or move the net a little. There is signs of defecation, but he cannot straighten himself out. Ive come to the conclusion he most likely does have swim bladder problems and I guess theres nothing much I can do but wait to see if he gets it back huh?

Me