Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dead Clowns

Posted By: Mac <damcfar@lni.net>
Date: Thursday, 28 September 2000, at 9:45 p.m.

I bought 4 Clown loaches almost 2 weeks ago and they were all doing fine. They have been in a quarintine tank for this time. Well today I get up and check on them and I notice many white spots on all of them. Ick I was thinking and treated them with Rid ich+ and then I went to work. When I got home 3 fish were still swimming and acting fine while one was on the way out. I noticed that there was cotton like blotches, very small blotches. I thought maybe it was a fungal infection so I treated for that and noticed an improvement in the fishes behavior. Well soon the other 3 died this whole process took about 14 hours. Why did it take almost 2 weeks for whatever this was to appear? What was it? I really wanted to put some Clowns in my tank but this has put me off. I have done some reading on loaches before I purchased them thought I was d