Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Should I get clown loaches?

Posted By: Kit <kitikhun@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 1 October 2000, at 2:40 a.m.

This past Friday at a fish store, I saw a tank that had about 50 (if not more) baby clown loaches that were smaller than one inch. I'm deciding if I should go back and get 5 of them, but I just want to make sure if I can handle them first because they live very long and grow very big.

A friend of my mom is giving me a tank she no longer wants. I haven't seen it yet; but from her description, it's around 30 to 37 gallons. It could even be bigger. How long will it be before a schoal of tetras and 5 clown babies outgrow a tall 30-gallon tank? My biggest tank right now is a 4-foot-33-gallon tank. Do botias prefer a deep or a long tank?

I would like to have some botias that are beautiful or cute, not so shy, fun to watch, and easy to keep (I have killed many balloon mollies.. but been pretty good with other fish), . Should I get clown loaches? Are there other botias or loaches that fit this description?

Has anyone kept kuhlis or weather loaches with clown loaches? I know weather loaches and clown loaches have different temp. requirement, but I'm just wondering if it's possible. Clown loaches won't think the kuhlis are yummy worms, right?

KIT

Messages In This Thread