Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

yo yo loach

Posted By: peter Teipe <pteipe@earthlink.net>
Date: Monday, 2 October 2000, at 1:43 a.m.

hello everyone..

I have 2 Yo yo and 2 clown loaches in a 26 gallon aquarium. All my loaches are doing just fine, with one exception. I noticed about a week ago that one of my yo yo loaches has a really fat little belly. This is a tank that I keep 3 small discus in, so for a period of time i was using live worms. I think the yo yo loach really munched a lot of those down, and he appears to have a bloated stomach now. I have heard of this condition on some cichlid websites. If you are not careful what and how you feed, your fish can develop this condition. Anyone here know what I can use to remedy this? Right now, I am only feeding some wardley algae and/or loach wafers for my loaches and corys ( i have 2 small corys as well) Occasionaly, the loaches will munch up some brine shrimp, which i think are fairly harmless.