Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Red fleck illness

Posted By: SMCB!!!
Date: Sunday, 8 October 2000, at 2:10 a.m.

I guess I lied. Even antisocial people get revisited, eventually...

I'm worried. One of my yo-yo's has grown ill. Noticed it today -- he was on his side (seen clowns, but NEVER yo-yos, do this). No sign of illness or damage that I could tell. Got him out of the tank with a cup and my hand, he didn't have much 'ummph' to resist.

Transferring him to a 2 gallon tank, small and thus the teeny bulb it's got is bright as hell... I notice he's got sporadic little red flecky things on his bod. Gold/yellow/brown/white are good yo-yo colors. Red I find dismaying. The stuff reminds me sorta of ich, small. Not anywhere near the coverage I tend to see with ich tho, at least not the advanced cases. And yes, Ich's white.

Searching the web I end up here -- Infoseek seems to have been replaced today (YIKE! What's that crappy new 'go' engine?! Someone tell it to go!), other engines never seemed as nice and all I