Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Corbitis and sidthimunkis!

Posted By: Kit <kitikhun@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 12 October 2000, at 5:33 p.m.

http://members.fortunecity.com/amherstkit/fish2.html

Yay.. I got my first 2 sids today from the same store I got the rostratas. The store owner only ordered 2 because he was afraid no one was going to pay $7 for each.

I also got 2 darios and 3 Corbitis sp. from PetsMart in Waterbury, CT. The darios didn't have a label, but they knew these were loaches. So they charged me $3.99 each. The Corbitis also didn't have a label. (but I knew what they were.. thanks to LOL) The retailer who helped me said they were algae eaters. They look nothing like algae eaters, but I didn't argue because algae eaters were $1.49 each.

Here come the questions (sorry).
- Since Corbitis loaches are from Korea, they have similar requirements as the weather loaches, right?
- Does anyone know what species these are?
- Are there tanks that have the same base dimension as a 4-foot-55-gallon but taller?
- From the sid picture, they are really sids, right? They are around 0.75" long and have some of the chain pattern already.

Thanx.. long post again.. sorry :P

KIT

Messages In This Thread