Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Not exactly loaches, but...

Posted By: Mel <mel@evade.net>
Date: Monday, 16 October 2000, at 10:12 p.m.

Hi... I've been lurking around reading the posts on this board to find out more about clown loaches, because I'm interested in keeping them and want to know as much as possible before I purchase some. The following message was one that I posted on the petfish.net message board, but I'm sure people here have dealt with hydras before. I'd really appreciate your help, and I'm sorry that this post is a little irrelevant to the topic of this board.

---------------
My tank is currently cycling (no ammonia change yet though) with six gold barbs and two newly added bronze cories. I posted on this board a few months ago saying that I had (what you guys told me) were hydras. Now I have them AGAIN. I know it's my fault for not quarentining the new fish, but I don't have an extra tank or bucket where I could regulate the water temp. I trusted the lps because they've never sold me a fish from a tank with them!

CT said something about using "had-a-snail" to kill them off. I don't want to use clout again (I used it the first time around when I thought I had anchor worms but really had hydra. The box said "treats... hydra" too). Would this product hurt my catfish? I think they have small scales... Should I just take a paper towel and scrub down the walls of my tank? I bet the stuff is growing on my fake plants too. grr. >:( What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.
---------------

Messages In This Thread