Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

My Clowns

Posted By: Eric
Date: Tuesday, 17 October 2000, at 11:48 a.m.

About 3 months ago I purchased 2 clowns loaches, followed by 3 more the next week. When I first got them I had to rescue one because it got stuck inside a plastic log. After that they took up residence in a plastic lava rock thing. Anyway, I rarely saw any of them. I started seeing one or two coming out to eat, and the last couple weeks I saw four out eating. I never saw all five, and we were convinced the 5th had gotten stuck again (although I couldn't find where). Well this past weekend I finally decided to get rid of the plastic thing and replaced it with a wood stump. I was lucky that all 4 loaches were out for food when I removed it. But my suprise came when I counted and found all 5!! I was worried about getting rid of their hiding spot because I wanted them to feel comfortable, especially since they were finally coming out more. There are still plenty of places to hide, just none as dark as their old home. Anywa