Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Cloudy Loaches

Posted By: Richard <ral@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 25 October 2000, at 5:04 a.m.

I have had two Weather loaches for about 2 months. They are about 10cm long, eating well and very active. The 48" tank is ideal. A very slight reading of amonia, no nitirte and no nitrates and a PH of 7.8. It is very heavily planted, this helps absorb the nitrates. I run two filters. An air powered undergravel and a Ehiem 2213 canister. The tank was set up about 2month 2 weeks ago and cycled over a 2 week period before introducing the loach. This is a coldwater (room temp) tank with other coldwater fish. It is constant at 21^C. The loach were purchased from a local fish farm along with two bitterling. One of the bitterling has since died of internal paracites. The other i s 100% fine.

My problem is simple. On loa