Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Finally bought my Clown Loaches

Posted By: Ian <mfoco@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 October 2000, at 7:01 a.m.

Hi folks,

I posted a while ago about the Clown Loach. I've fully cycled (fishless) my 22 gallon tank, so visited the LFS last Saturday to see what stocks they had. To my surprise I saw lots of juvenile clown loaches there - I've not seen any there before now. So I eagerly bought 3 of them.

They have a small plastic (hollow) log where they sleep, but when the light comes on they're always out and about exploring their home. I've seen none of the shy "new home" syndrome many in this forum describe. They don't look stressed, and eat whatever they're offered, so I'm assuming they're happy. I keep the tank temperature at around 85.9 F.

I've not got any substrate in the tank, although I do understand they like to burrow. I thought that having a clear bottomed tank would assist in keeping it clean. I've read stories of others keeping clear-bottomed tanks too, for the same reason (cleanliness).

I just hope they don't get bored having nothing to burrow into. But they do seem happy, at least for now.

I think I'll have to set up a bigger tank for them in time. Whilst this 24" x 12" x 18" high tank is adequate now, I imagine they'll want more room when they're bigger.

I hope I'm doing things right for them, so any feedback would be useful. Thanks

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.