Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dojo with injuries

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Saturday, 28 October 2000, at 5:53 p.m.

Hi all,

I believe my dojo is injuring himself somewhere in my tank. Originally I found the little "pimples" on his sides near the rear mostly, and I removed the ornament I suspected had caused them. This was first noticed a few days ago, BTW. I kept an eye on him, and it looked like he was doing better, but now he has several on his face and three or four only on his rear; he even has one on a barbel! What the... I noticed, however, what I think may be the problem. While I was doing a massive water change I noticed that he'd occassionally try to dig into the sand, but it isn't really deep enough. Do you think this could be caused by abrasions between him, a grain of the sand, and the bottom?

Any i