Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

31st....

Posted By: Spotz
Date: Tuesday, 31 October 2000, at 10:58 p.m.

Well, it's halloween. I'm inside typing on this computer while other kids go all over town getting bags full of candy. Wonder if any of them(or you) really dressed up as their favorite fish. Believe it or not, my alpha yo-yo's first 3 marks say B O o. It's not perfect. The B is flat, but readable. They're obviously getting into the holiday spirit. Pretty slow around here. I just realized why. I guess that kids aren't the only ones that like candy. Now now people. I mean candy like jolly ranchers, skittles, M&Ms, and blow-pops. Not algae wafers, candied bloodworms, or snails. I'm just joking.

I ran out of Wardley pellets, so now my fish eat color bits. Now, a question. This stuff is pretty colorful. Is it possible that constant feedings of this food will change the color of your fish into say...orange??? Orange yo-yos. Oh, well, I'm dreaming. I just read the ingredients on the package, and it's just artificial colors. No carotene. My loaches are adapting to the new food, and to thell the truth, they act like nothing's changed.

I'm starting to think about changing the title of this post to Ramblings of an incredibly bored adolesent. Did I spell all that right? If you've gotten to here without falling asleep, congradulate yourself like you've finished the first 10 chapters of George Bush's life.

Time for me to get on topic. Can you see the slots where the subocular spines fold into? I've seen 2 wedge shaped "gaps" under the eyes of my kuhlis. They aren't large. 2mm wide, and about 4mm long. Also, why have loaches adapted nostrils that protrude from the head? They are transparent, and extend about 2mm from the middle of the snout. I guess it has something to do with their environment. Well, I don't guess that, but I don't know why.

A loach's nose is red because extra blood is needed in the barbels to detect food. Have you noticed that they get redder when you feed them?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Messages In This Thread