Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Introducing New Clown Loaches

Posted By: Tam Orr <tam.orr@bigfoot.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 November 2000, at 4:41 a.m.

I have had 3 2inch clown loaches in a 55 gal community tank for several months (moved up from last tank size!) with 2 angel fish, 2 silver sharks (the clowns love them!) 4 peppered corys, ottos, 1 brislenosed catfish (1 inch) and 3 glass catfish. They are all fairly young and the silver fish are on a break from their first growth spirt.

It is very peacefull and happy and everyone has their space. There are 3 wood peices 1 terracotta pot and plants at one end (to allow the silver sharks to cruse at the other end) at the I am intending as growth occurs to move up through the tank sizes. I do a water change on Wednsdays and at the weekend as I know the loaches and glass catfish like regular flow.

I have seen some small clown loaches locally (about 1 inch maybe a little