Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown loach bedroll

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 November 2000, at 8:27 a.m.

Hi all,

Just wanted to post how incredibly cute my clowns have been lately. Of the last week I've been staying up pretty late working on my homepage, doing a little stargazing, etc. Been a busy guy! When I finally kill the lights for myself and my fish it's usually around eleven or midnight, and then when I'm up at six or so the next morning the pack is out too, saying "Feed us already, you lazy slacker!"

But they get more sleep than I do - they hit the sack when I'm still up! And the way they do it is just incredibly cute. I have a large amazon sword in the corner of my 55, taking up probably 1/8th of it's total volume. When I walk over to kill the light the angels run to the front to beg, the cories suddenly stop, my dojo drops to the ground and stares at me, and I look for my clowns. And they're hanging vertical in the leaves of the sword, peering out at me with only their snouts and their little eyeballs visible. Usually there's two side-by-side in a couple leaves, still as the cories, only their gills a'goin'. But cuter still? Only four of the five seem to fit the plant. So there's always someone hiding on the substrate behind the plastic plants. And so far it's always either been Hans or Gretchen, the two largest. Ain't that just impressive as heck??? Of course the good news behind it is this - they stopped eating my plant once it morphed into their bed! Yippee!!

Tibor

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.